The Annual Operating plan is one of the most critical functions for a business. Learn how to set-up, plan, and execute a world-class budgeting process!
The Annual Operating Plan Course is for finance & accounting professionals. We will start with the basics of why companies do an annual planning process but we will also dive into the details of how you actually set-up templates, how to collect data, what information is needed for all the pieces of the budget (sales planning, cost budget, cap-ex, etc). We cover how to convert the plan into financial statements and a C-suite level presentation. At completion, you’ll know how to build an annual budget and will be able to facilitate your company’s annual planning process.
Field of study: Finance – Technical
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Why companies do an annual budgeting / planning process and what it is used for
- An understanding of the different elements of a budgeting process
- How and why to set a planning calendar
- Learn how to set-up and run the pieces of an annual operating plan: sales budget, production budget, cost of goods sold (COGS) budget, Capital Expenditures (Cap Ex), R&D, SG&A budgets
- How to use all the pieces of the budgeting process to create a full income statement, cash flow and balance sheet.
- Review what the final deliverable of financials and a presentation of the annual operating plan should look like
- Some helpful tips, tricks, and considerations for a world class budget
Prerequisites: You should have a basic knowledge of the financial statements and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, sum, sumif). If you do not, we recommend taking our “Financial Statement Analysis” course and/or our “Microsoft Excel Bootcamp”