Learn how to build a financial model from scratch, a critical skill for FP&A, accounting, or any job in corporate finance. This course will teach you how to build a financial model with the three main financial statements projected out five years.
Whether you work in FP&A, accounting, corporate finance or in other business roles, building a financial model is a fundamental skill you need to succeed. In our Financial Modeling course we will teach you all the key principles you need to create an accurate and useful 3-statement financial model.
The model we create will be flexible and dynamic and we will help you understand the best assumptions to make as you build. When you finish this course you will not only be able to build a financial model, you will know how to present the model to your boss or other leadership positions.
Some key things you’ll learn:
- What financial modeling is and why we do it
- What the best practices are you need to be good at modeling
- How to make good assumptions in your model and how to test them
- The correct set-up of a financial model
- How to create a model that is dynamic allowing for sensitivity testing
- To have a fully linked 3-statement model
- and much more!
Format: 3-6 minute videos, quizzes, and a final exam
Category: Financial Modeling
Prerequisites: You should have a strong working knowledge of Excel (if you aren’t comfortable with Excel, please take Microsoft Excel Bootcamp). We also highly recommend you take our Financial Statement Analysis Bootcamp which will give you some core financial statement understanding.