If you ever wanted to have a career in real estate finance or if you are thinking about your own business in real estate, this course will help you understand how to analyze and break down an investment in real estate and create a real estate financial model.
Understanding the investment you are going to make is critical in Real Estate. In this course we will first give you a foundation of the different types of properties that you could invest in, teach you how to analyze markets, and provide you with common metrics used in the real estate industry.
Once you have all that background, we will teach you how to build a comprehensive real estate model and teach you all the different aspects to consider. When you are finished you will be able to build a real estate finance model from scratch as well as an equity waterfall.
Some key things you’ll learn:
- The different property types and their unique characteristics
- A background on the real estate market and how to analyze it
- Different types of real estate investments and what you should know about them
- Real estate metrics used to measure investments/performance
- How to build a real estate financial model from scratch
- How to create an equity waterfall
Format: 3-6 minute videos, quizzes, and a final exam
Field of study: Industry Specific
Prerequisites: You should have a strong working knowledge of Excel (if you aren’t comfortable with Excel, please take Microsoft Excel Bootcamp).